2.7

I accidentally ordered the Nikon D7500 instead of the D750 but exchanged it (I paid for the shipping). On the phone, they initially told me the camera had already been shipped "OVERNIGHT" and when I mentioned a deal (here in Atlanta - see attached), I was then promised that they would MATCH this "bundle" deal.

I felt GREAT that they would honor their words to me about "matching another deal"until I received my package. When I received the camera, I noticed they sent me a "knock-off" motor drive (that doesn't even work), when I specified that it was a NIKON on the phone AND through email (see attachment). I've talked with Michael, David, and several other sales guys - they all have said the same thing...

it's MY FAULT and that they'll have to CALL ME BACK, "they're very BUSY". I will absolutely NEVER do business with this company again and would not be surprised if my D750 is GREY:(.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nikon Mb-D16 Battery.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Deal they offered.

I didn't like: Being lied to and not respected, Not being contacted because they were too busy, Customer service i received or did not receive.

Comments

August, 2018 Update.... Still no word or reimbursement from 42nd Street...

I'm fighting this with the credit card company they connected me with and they tell me that they will eventually get this resolved. I will not be holding my breath.

shutabug

UPDATE on above issue: I recently received a phone call from 42nd Street after my 4th or 5th email to them. The guy simply justified his (their) position and refused to even acknowledge their part in this deception.He mentioned "going through" all the recorded phone calls I'd made to them (with different salesmen). I have a really hard time believing that they even still have these calls, if they did, that he took the time to go through them all, and most importantly, if he did go through the calls, how did he conveniently not have heard the most important one, where the salesman promised he'd match this other deal?!?!

I ordered an item a month ago they had all my info and they shipped it to another state im pissed i cant even call them because i have no phone number and their email responses seem automated does anyone have a phone number if so email it to me cherylwatson18@yahoo.com

to Cheryl Drew #1628499

I knew something was up then the specs on the 6D said NO wifi or GPS. That means it's a Japanese model.

However, I settled on the 80D and it;s add clearly slowed it had WiFi and NFC, so I figured it was a USA model. Just for kicks I called their store to ask a question because I was bouncing back in and forth between the 77D and 80D, the 77D essentially shoots the same pictures using the same guts, but is about $200 cheaper. I asked the store employee about the 6D situation and he freely admitted even the 80D and 77D are not USA models and they don't care the one year Canon Warranty. However, if I bought the 77D at the store it would be a USA model with the one year Canon warranty (I think, if it's not I won't buy it) The internet price on the 77D was $549 on the 42nd St.

internet site while the store price with warranty was $649. The 80D internet price (likely international carmera was listed at $739, at the store with Canon warrenty it was $899. Like someone else found out, I didn't see any of the cameras marked "international camera" anywhere. WTF?

The store price for the 77D is OK and if it is, I'll probably go for it even though I would prefer the 80D with it's weather sealing. I'll check with some other stores, but this experience left me suspicious, I'll check with some other reputable stores.